[Zope-dev] Re: [z3-five] Re: relocating Zope 2 core interfaces - a proposal

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri May 6 11:08:32 EDT 2005

yuppie wrote:
[snip]
>> This way, all the work that remains for me is to merge in Five 1.0
>> into Zope 2.8.
> My point is:
>
> Doing that in a backward compatible way is impossible. So we have to do
> it now or never.

That's true, but it's not that difficult to ask people to change their
ZCML files to point to new interfaces at some point in the future. I
think the importance of doing the release on time weighs against any
improvements in Five.

By the way, I've just merged in Five 1.0 into Zope 2.8 (which was a
significant amount of work, due to all kinds of copyright headers being
different).

Regards,

Martijn