[Zope-dev] Re: relocating Zope 2 core interfaces - a proposal

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri May 6 11:10:27 EDT 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> yuppie wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>> This way, all the work that remains for me is to merge in Five 1.0
>>> into Zope 2.8.
>>
>> My point is:
>>
>> Doing that in a backward compatible way is impossible. So we have to
>> do it now or never.
>

> That's true, but it's not that difficult to ask people to change their
> ZCML files to point to new interfaces at some point in the future. I
> think the importance of doing the release on time weighs against any
> improvements in Five.

Yes. I still don't see where the need for incompatability is. Maybe I'm
just blind. Can someone explain?

> By the way, I've just merged in Five 1.0 into Zope 2.8 (which was a
> significant amount of work, due to all kinds of copyright headers being
> different).

Cool. I can imagine that it was quite dificult. By the way, I think we
should have yuppie's r11978 in it (which means we need it on Five-1.0
branch and a Five 1.0.1 release, probably).

Gee, I would do the merge myself my laptop wasn't broken. I'm on a
Windoze machine right now on which I quickly installed Thunderbird to be
at least a little communicative :).

Philipp