[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.8 on hold

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sat May 7 10:30:58 EDT 2005

--On Samstag, 7. Mai 2005 10:15 Uhr +0200 yuppie <y.2005- at wcm-solutions.de>
wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>> in agreement with Jim Fulton and Brian Lloyd we decided to put the Zope
>> 2.8 release on hold for now.
>> There are several open issues related to running Zope on Windows
>> (building, startup problems). Since
>> we need  to have a stable source code release and a stable windows
>> release in sync, the next beta 2
>> will appear as soon as the major issues are fixed. This is maybe a good
>> point for advanced Windows
>> programmer to help out *wink*
>
> +1
>
> Are there collector issues for the release blockers? A list of release
> blockers might help to find volunteers.
>
> I'd like to nominate http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1776

At least the following are important (besides the problem with the
Winbuilder)

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1763

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1728

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1711

Fix what you can :-) I am mostly ignorant on Windows issues and don't have
an environment for doing any tests are whatever...so it is basically up to
the
people with windows expertise to work on these issues...I am just trying to
crack
the whip :-)

Andreas