[Zope-dev] [Interested?] New use for Zope+CMF+Archetypes -- startup time improvements

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Sat May 14 05:00:24 EDT 2005

--On Freitag, 13. Mai 2005 19:26 Uhr +0200 Dieter Maurer
<dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

> If you were *really* interested in these startup time improvements,
> I could provide patches which might be integrated
> in the Zope core for e.g. Zope 2.9.

Although I already worked with pypackage my questions:  is it an optional
feature or will pypackage take control over all and everything? Products
using __path__ or changing the current directory need to be fixed, right?
I think 2.9 would be a good target. If there is common agreement that
it should go into the core (+1 from my side) then please wait with
submitting patches until we have cut a release branch for Zope 2.8...then
the trunk can be used for new features for Zope 2.9.

Andreas