[Zope-dev] hasattr implementation for Zope?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri May 27 05:16:10 EDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 08:53:54AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Anyone think putting this in Zope core is a good idea?
>
> If so, where should it go?
> Any potential performance implications people can think of?

fwiw, tonight I ran some quick request-per-second tests
(using ab -n 100 -c 10) on a patched vs. an unpatched zope
2.7.6 final.  I was hitting the front page of a CMFDefault site
because I had one handy on my dev box.
(but I should try Plone for this :=)

I wasn't able to see any consistent performance difference.
At first I thought that the patched version was a bit slower
when concurrency was increased to 20, but that only happened
on one run so maybe it was a fluke.

I put the patch in Globals.py for no particular reason.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com