[Zope-dev] Re: SVN: Zope/trunk/lib/python/AccessControl/ - converted interface to z3 interface.

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Nov 5 23:48:02 EST 2005

Yvo Schubbe wrote:
> Log message for revision 39903:
>   - converted interface to z3 interface.
>
> Changed:
>   D   Zope/trunk/lib/python/AccessControl/IUserFolder.py

I think we should maybe leave the Zope 2 interfaces around for at least
one release. People with custom user folder implementations might have
imported this old Zope 2 interface. This change will break their products.

By the way, thanks for converting many interfaces to Zope 3 ones. For
the Zope 2 ones that we're keeping around for a little while before
throwing them out, have you thought about issuing deprecation warnings?
zope.deprecation provides a very nice and easy to use framework for
this. See zope.i18nmessageid/__init__.py for an example.

Philipp