[Zope-dev] moment when zope was started.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 05:55:57 EST 2005

On 11/9/05, Victor Safronovich <vsafronovich at naumen.ru> wrote:
>   Ok, i need to replace zpublisher_validate_hook with my hook.
[...]
> _afterValidateHook do many thinks specific to the portal such as
> 1. Sets response charset according to the user's selected language.
> 2. Replaces HTML-encoded entities with their corresponding characters in the POST form data.
> 3. Changes system locale according to the portal language.
>
> Ok, 2. and 3. can be moved to UserFolder.validate method, which PAS used.
> But          1.          uses         getSecurityManager         through
> Products.CMFCore.utils._getAuthenticatedUser               through
> MembershipTool.{isAnonymousUser,getAuthenticatedMember}, and must be
> executed  after  the  Zope`s  zpublisher_validate_hook  hook,  which  setted new
> security manager.

OK, fine, I don't know if there is another way of doing this, so I'll
assume your way is the best (although it's complicated).

But you say you want to know when the server was started. How does
that come into any of the above things? None of those have anything to
do with how long the server has been running.

You are just giving us small disassociated pieces of information, and
then you assume that we should read your mind for the rest of the
needed information. It doesn't work like that.