[Zope-dev] Re[2]: moment when zope was started.

Victor Safronovich vsafronovich at naumen.ru
Wed Nov 9 06:20:08 EST 2005

Hello Florent Guillaume and ,

FG> If you go to the control panel of a running Zope, you'll see it display
FG> "Running For" with the correct number of seconds. So there's obviously an
FG> existing way for the server to know when it was started, just look how the
FG> control panel does it.
  Thank you, looks like the initialization time of the App.ApplicationManager.ApplicationManager class.

Hello Lennart Regebro,

LR> But you say you want to know when the server was started. How does
LR> that come into any of the above things? None of those have anything to
LR> do with how long the server has been running.

LR> You are just giving us small disassociated pieces of information, and
LR> then you assume that we should read your mind for the rest of the
LR> needed information. It doesn't work like that.

LR> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
  Thank  you  for  the  url,  and sorry for my english, I just want to say that
  variable 'Zope2.Startup.started' is always False.

  This variable is used for example here
  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailmanager/mailmanager/MailCheckThread.py?r1=1.12&r2=1.13
  some times ago.
  But now this is deleted file.