[Zope-dev] Re: Timing the opening of network ports

Patrick Gerken do3ccqrv at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 15 05:14:00 EST 2005

2005/11/12, Florent Guillaume <fg at nuxeo.com>:
> +1 on the general goals, however I have no idea if it's easy to implement.
> > Does this sound reasonable to make the behaviour of opening the ports
> > configurable? Does anybody have an idea how hard this would be to do?

I was curious and tried it. Sadly the patches are against 2.7.8, but
the patches itself are relative small and should be easy to apply. I
did not write unittests. I just wanted to invest 5 minutes to see how
it can be done, and suddenly could not stop finishing it. If somebody
reminds me of it in two or three weeks, I will make patches against
current with unit tests.
I am not happy with how I implemented the listening delay. patching
the listen method to only listen when the configuration says
fast_listen is not good. but otherwise I would have to patch the
medusa sources itself. If this is feasible I can do it, is medusa
maintained here or in another project?

To configure it, add a fast_listen False to the <http-server> section
in  your config.

      Patrick