[Zope-dev] Re: UI improvements

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue Nov 22 03:11:13 EST 2005

Alexander Limi schrieb:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 06:56:32 -0800, Andreas Jung
> <lists at andreas-jung.com>  wrote:
>
>> In general such changes should be made on the HEAD (for next 2.10
>> release).
>

> OK. I was aiming for a quick sprint to get some small changes into 2.9
> before release (ie. no actual code changes, just moving text and
> eliminating HappyTalk™ to make the interface usage clearer).

I got a small UI patch to have product icons in the add-dropdown
which turns out to reduce the mistakes on klicking on the wrong
product to add to a minimum. Maybe you like to include it too?

http://www.zope.org/Members/tino/PatchObjectManager-1.0/view

It could even get some improvements - grouping factories
by product could even help if the list is very long.

Just some thoughts.

++Tino