[Zope-dev] Not-really-unit-testing ideas.

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 10:33:32 EST 2005

I noticed on the unit tests I'm currently working on, that most of my
time is wasted waiting for sites to be created. So I've been thinking
of ways to solve this.

Basically, I'd like to create a site once, and use it for all
subsequent tests, until I made a change that means the site needs to
be recreated. But how? Well, I'm not sure. How, for example, could I
use a normal ZODB, with a specific name (so as not to interfere with
the normal ZODB) in the unit tests? If I could do that, I could
implement a switch to either rebuild the ZODB, or use the existing
one. This would shave some 50% of the unit testing time.

Ideas? Or am I just stupid?