[Zope-dev] Re: How bad _are_ ConflictErrors

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 14:36:24 EST 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote:

> I'm actually not sure what's logged when a Conflict Error makes it back
> to the users, offhand I don't see anything in my logs. Can someone
> confirm or infirm that fact?

Well, I can agree based on empirical evidence. I have MailingLogger
(sorry, I really feel the need to plug this product more!) on all the
clusters where I have ConflictError problems, and it's never once mailed
me a log entry containing one :-(

> If nothing is logged, I'll add something at level ERROR.

Has this been done? If not, I volunteer to do it as part of my upcoming
"make COnflictErrors suck less" work ;-)

> BTW does someone have a handy script to provoke conflict errors on a
> naked Zope?

from ZODB.POSException import ConflictError
raise ConflictError

;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk