[Zope-dev] Re: Weird test failures with DateTime

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Nov 27 10:49:20 EST 2005

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2005, at 15:07, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>>> However, I am noticing that on the current Zope 2.9 branch, trying to
>>> build the software fails completely. The "configure" script works
>>> fine,
>>> but the "make" step does not seem to do anything at all.
>>

>> Yes it does. It compiles the C extensions.
>

> The real difference now is that I used to be able to create an empty
> directory from which to run configure and make, but now it only works
> when you sit inside the full source tree...  So in order to do my  usual
> "pristine source tree under src/, build under opt/" I must now  copy the
> full source tree over. Annoying :/

Yes, the "out-of-place" build functionality, as we unofficially called
it, is not supported anymore. Really, I was surprised to hear that
people used this feature so much for checkouts. After all, I thought you
want to *work* in a sandbox, not install from it or anything (otherwise
you wouldn't need a sandbox...).

Philipp