[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] SVN: Zope/trunk/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/ Collector #556: sqlvar now returns 'null' rather than 'None'.

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Oct 10 10:03:54 EDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 08:58:53AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
| Andreas Jung wrote:
| >Argh...there is also a gadfly package coming from Zope 3. So when we
| >remove it from the Zope 2 core we get it back with Zope 3 :-)
|
| Well, having a lightweight semi-functional rdb engine in the distro has
| always seemed handy for me, mainly for testing rdb-related components
| with the certainty that the rdb engine you're testing with will always
| be there...
|
| Maybe we should move it to the testing package?

If I'm allowed to say anything, I would like to see gadfly being
replaced by sqlite. It's available mostly everywhere except in Windows
by default, as many products already use it. sqlite itself is 'public
domain' and the python da has the same license as zlib if i recall,
which is very permissive as well.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.