[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope-CMF] Better DeprecationWarnings (was Re: SVN: CMF/trunk/CMFDefault/Portal.py - reverted Portal.py change of r39125 to fix BBB temporarily)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 12:44:19 EDT 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> Note:  sometimes _internals_ use deprecated gimmicks in order to
> support deprecated gimmicks too, and then stacklevel=3 is too small.
> It's happened so rarely in ZODB that I haven't tried to "do something"
> about that yet.

Interestingly, I've found that even this is sometimes not enough, since
you don't know whether you want the caller, the caller's caller or
further up the chain than that.

Is there any way to get the warnings stuff to actually emit a traceback
so it can be followed?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk