[Zope-dev] Maintainer position for the Zope Windows builds vacant

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Thu Sep 15 09:46:14 EDT 2005

Hi,

Christian Theune, the current maintainer of the windows builds, announced
to step down as maintainer. This means that this position is vacant.

So this is your chance to become famous :-)

To be honest, doing Zope releases is a bit of work and not always fun but
it is work that has to be done by someone. So if you are interested and if
you have the resources, raise your finger.

Since new Zope 2 releases are scheduled for October I would like to see
this position filled asap.  I will definitely continue on the source
releases but I have not enough Windows know-how to do it myself. Since
there are lot of *serious* Zope-on-Windows users I do expect that someone
takes over this great job.

Having no volunteer for the Windows builds would mean that only source code
releases would be available in the future. I'm fine with that but possibly
not all Zope-on-Windows users...so if you depend on Zope-on-Windows you
should do something for your dependency to  be fulfilled.

Cheers,
Andreas