[Zope-dev] Problems adding many objects

Morten W. Petersen morten at nidelven-it.no
Sun Sep 25 10:09:28 EDT 2005

Hi,

I've created a script that imports XML into the ZODB, using regular TTW
methods - and all is fine, except for when I import large files, with
many objects.

After about 288 objects, the import fails when the method that adds an
object in the ZODB returns None, instead of the object it added.  From
what I can tell, the added object is not None before it is returned, but
the name object, set via the expression

  object = self.manage_add_issue(...)

is None.  So it looks like somewhere between 'return issue_' in
manage_add_issue and the expression above, the object is lost.

Any ideas what could be happening here?  I've managed to work around it
for now, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Regards,

Morten