[Zope-dev] Re: Can't fetch externals???

Hanno Schlichting schlichting at bakb.net
Fri Sep 30 16:46:46 EDT 2005

Paul Winkler wrote:
> Update: I *can* fetch the externals from a different box
> (my windows laptop, on which i can't successfully build zope
> because cygwin's python is known-broken and I don't have a C
> compiler other than cygwin's.)

That's no excuse ;)

You can build Zope on Windows easily with gcc coming with MingW32, which
is a lot less intrusive and actually working ;)

There is a short description in chapter 6.2.2 here:
http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.5/inst/tweak-flags.html

and some additional notes can be found by following the two 'See also'
links.

I have Zope 2.8 trunk running successfully and without problems this way.

Best regards,
Hanno