[Zope-dev] What from zope.app are you using

Brian Sutherland jinty at lentejasverdes.ath.cx
Thu Apr 6 06:26:38 EDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:12:05AM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Brian Sutherland wrote:

> >> Why are you loading zope.app.component/meta.zcml and
> >> zope.app.security/meta.zcml? Five should provide all the necessary
> >> directive registrations
> >
> > I havn't touched that code since the Zope2.8 days. I'll believe you for
> > now and try testing it when the dust has settled.
>
> Ok. By the way, that "should" in "Five should provide..." also means
> that if Five doesn't provide the necessary directive registrations yet
> (which might very well be), then we need to make it.

Ok, I make some tests without importing any of those dependencies, the
issues I have found thus far:

    * missing factory directive
    * missing class directive
    * zope.View permission not defined

This is not an exhaustive list and all of them came from the file:
    http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/sqlos/trunk/src/sqlos/configure.zcml

> >> As for zope.app.rdb, I guess we'll have to move it down to zope.rdb.
> >
> > I can probably take care of that in the next days.
>
> Great. Note that I'm working on the jim-adapter branch. I suggest you do
> your modifications there as well.

sure.

> Philipp

Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
              And she's EVIL!!"