[Zope-dev] What from zope.app are you using

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Apr 6 11:56:01 EDT 2006

Brian Sutherland wrote:
> Ok, I make some tests without importing any of those dependencies, the
> issues I have found thus far:
>
>     * missing factory directive

Recent Five releases should have it. It's deprecated now, though.

>     * missing class directive

It's in the recent bugfix releases. I just haven't gotten around
announcing them since, partially because there's another important
bugfix in the pipe that would classify for another round of bugfix releases.

>     * zope.View permission not defined

This can easily be fixed by redefining the zope.View permission to the
zope.View permission:

      from="zope.View"
      to="zope2.View"
      />

By the way, I'm keeping an updated version of the proposal at
http://codespeak.net/svn/user/philikon/MakeZopeAppSmaller.txt (will
periodically sync this with the one at zope.org).

Philipp