[Zope-dev] z3 server+publication refactor for z2

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Apr 13 05:46:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

Sidnei has been working on the Zope 2 publication-refactor branch
where he's allowed the use of the Zope 3 Twisted-based server, and of
a Zope 3 based publication process.

I'd like to see this merge branched in Zope 2 trunk because I'd like
Zope 2.10 to be Twisted-based. What's missing from the branch
preventing this? What problems have been encountered?

(This query is a reaction to my diving in to current asyncore+medusa
+ThreadedAsync+PubCore that gives me nightmares when I realize I'll
have to implement new server types or new stuff more akin to the ZEO
storage server.)

Thanks,
Florent

PS: what do people think of changing ZEO so that it integrates with
Twisted properly instead of relying on a private event loop hack
[please move to zodb-dev if you answer this]

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com