[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.9.3 release

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Apr 19 16:13:15 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:
>> The discussion on the list of the "fix" didn't take into account all the
>> usage patterns.
>>
>> I would vote to delay a release until we find a way to restore the
>> broken functionality.  Could we perhaps provide an alternate
>> implementation with the original lookup order, and make it pluggable?
>
> I agree that we should have a clear solution for this. I think Philipp
> explained the reasons for the change when I had some trouble which the
> lookup order as well.

The rationale for the fix and why I consider it a fix was explained in
the original proposal
(http://codespeak.net/pipermail/z3-five/2006q1/001186.html). A more
detailed discussion regarding the CMF took place later
(http://codespeak.net/pipermail/z3-five/2006q1/001201.html). This
discussion never questioned the rationale of the fix, though. Instead,
solutions for how to cope with the result of the fix in the CMF were
discussed. I would guess that something like that would be best for
Tres's customer application as well.

Philipp