[Zope-dev] Trunk seems broken

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 11:25:46 EDT 2006

Everytime I try to view a page template I get

Exception Value  	Context instance has no attribute 'getValue'

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 313, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 350, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 291, in _exec
    * Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 117, in pt_render
      Warning: Macro expansion failed
      Warning: exceptions.AttributeError: Context instance has no
attribute 'getValue'
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 277, in __call__
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 352, in interpret
    * Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 902, in do_useMacro

AttributeError: Context instance has no attribute 'getValue'

the offending line is
       outer = self.engine.getValue('macroname')

and self.engine is a Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Context instance

In Zope2, as far as I can see, neither engines or contexts has a
getValue method.
Should we really use Zope TALES with Zope3 page templates?