[Zope-dev] Re: 64-bit BTrees

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 11:37:57 EDT 2006

On 4/13/06, Fred Drake <fdrake at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've created a feature development branch for
> this, and checked in my initial implementation.

I've made another branch for this, with a different twist.  I'm not
sure it'll be interesting, but I think it'll solve my immediate need
until I can get around to reasonable testing of the performance
implications.

The "fdrake-optional-64bits" branch will compile using the C "int"
type for "I" keys and values by default, and using the "PY_LONG_LONG"
type if ZODB_64BIT_INTS is defined.

This allows 64-bit BTrees by building ZODB like this:

    python setup.py build_ext -D ZODB_64BIT_INTS build

BTrees.IIBTree.using64bits will be True if ZODB_64BIT_INTS is used.

  -Fred

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education." -- Mark Twain