[Zope-dev] Branches finished for merging.

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Apr 27 04:39:29 EDT 2006

--On 27. April 2006 10:33:19 +0200 Lennart Regebro <regebro at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/27/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
>> Getting rid of ZServer is a fine goal but as long as Twisted is much
>> slower (from what I've heard) ZServer has to stay (ZServer is not
>> subject to be deprecated at this time).
>
> ZServer will remain the default for now, and it will not be deprecated
> unless the community wishes so. I'm guessing the community will want
> to sooner or later. ;-)

Sure, we all want that (but not for the sake of slower performance) :-)

> Twisted is slower, but how much of a difference that makes in real
> life applications I don't know. The server is in itself not a very big
> performance eater in Zope. There is of course also the option to use
> something else that can use WSGI, like for example zope.server, which
> is much cleaner than ZServer, and probably therefore easier to
> maintain.

Can I only repeat the "rumors" I've heard from the integration of Twisted
in Zope 3. So we won't give up an "efficient" implementation of a core
component..that's just what I wanted to say. Having some benchmarks
would be nice. And btw. thanks for your work :-)

Andreas

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376