[Zope-dev] Zope 2.10: Remaining tasks

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Apr 27 13:08:16 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> The feature freeze date for the June release is only days away. It was
> planned to be May 1st, but due to lots of pending branches, we might let
> it slip for a *couple* of days (not more!).
>
> I've compiled a rough list of outstanding tasks for Zope 2.10:
> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Zope2.10/Tasks
> Please complete and/or correct this list.
>
> It is up to the release managers (Stephan, Andreas) and the Pope to
> decide the exact feature freeze date, but I would suggest that we start
> merging those branches real soon.

But, of course, only the branches that are ready should be merged.
Where "ready" means the author has a reasonable expectation that a
beta release can be made after after the merge.

It would be helpful if the authors of the branches listed on:

   http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Zope2.10/Tasks

would update the page by either deleting their branch or giving
a realistic estimate of when it will be ready.  It's
a good idea to be conservative.  The next release after this one
is not very far away (November).

I propose we exclude any branches that don't have an estimate
by Monday.

Jim