[Zope-dev] Re: Timing the opening of network ports

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Aug 30 08:32:51 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Christian Theune wrote:
>>
>> b) it's more convenient for developers
>
> Why?

Early open port means: zopectl restart and reload in your browser
immediately without getting "Connection refused". Dieter already
mentioned this use case

>> c) it's a good thing if you have 'smart' load balancers
>
> How so?

Tres mentioned that to me: 'smart' load balancers can probe the server
and decide that the port is there, but the response time is too high and
won't include it in the pool again yet, but they can know that the port
is already open again.

Christian