[Zope-dev] ImageFile weirdness?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 15:16:40 EST 2006

Jürgen Herrmann wrote:
> On Thu, February 23, 2006 09:02, Chris Withers wrote:
>> 1. why the 3 posts?
> sorry, there was a long delay before my messages appeared, so i thought
> i had problems with my subscription. sorry for the triple post!

Good grief, please check the archives to see where your message is, and
check your mta logs first...

>> 2. Why on zope-dev at zope.org? This should be on zope at zope.org
> well, actually i have a specific question about ImageFile internals here,
> thought it would fit in best here, if not - sorry.

Okay, lets here it then...

>>>    image = ImageFile('1.gif', '/some/where')
>>>    setattr(self.__class__, '1.gif', image)
>> 3. Arrgh?! What _are_ you trying to do here?
> what are you trying to say here?
> this is totally unrelated to my actual problem.

Yes, but it's insane code. This will cause lots of problems, and may
even be behind your "actual problem", which you fail to describe...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk