[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Two visions

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Tue Feb 28 03:58:22 EST 2006

Jeff Shell wrote:
> Perhaps it's not the greatest name, but I've become enamored with *lib
> names like 'formlib'.
>
> 'zopelib'
>
> Hmmm. Not the prettiest thing. But it does say "Zope Library". If that
> becomes the *core* of the mythical Zope 5, awesome.

This sounds familiar. :-)

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZopeLibPackage

Unfortunately, this discussion is too fuzzy for me to understand exactly
what's being proposed.  How about something concrete: will the Zope 3 in
vision #2 have a ZMI, and will typical ZODB objects have a __parent__
and __name__?  (Either yes or no is fine, but "maybe" or "sometimes" is
a lot harder to interpret.)

Shane