[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope 2.10] ZPT going Unicode

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Thu Jan 5 11:36:45 EST 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:
> ToDo: in-place conversion of persistent ZPT instance through setstate()
> or so...

Could we avoid doing things in __setstate__ please? It imposes a runtime
cost that doesn't disappear.

I'd rather have a one-time update method that trawls the database, like is
done for Python Scripts recompiling for instance. Or I can call it myself in
my upgrade procedures on the exact objects I know will need updates.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com