[Zope-dev] [Zope 2.10] ZPT going Unicode

TAHARA Yusei tahara at timedia.co.jp
Fri Jan 6 05:55:56 EST 2006

Hello.

>   - the ZMI screens for ZPTs use a _fixed_ UTF-8 encoding (is this also
> fine
>     for asian users?)
This is fine for me, as one of asian user.

>   - The ZPublisher will convert a 'unicode' ZPT using
>     default_zpublisher_encoding (zope.conf) to a byte stream. The current
>     encoding is iso-8859-15. I think it would make sense to change it to
>     utf8. Otherwise we must explicitly set the content-type with
>     charset=utf8 set. Thoughts?

I've tried to the branch and I found a typo in zope.conf.
I think default-zpublisher-encoding is a correct directive name.

By the way, I have a request related to this changes.
If the rootfolder has `management_page_charset` property as default,
this will very convenient for me. Because I can use japanese in ZMI
without some setup things. Is this possible?

--
TAHARA Yusei
tahara at timedia.co.jp