[Zope-dev] [Zope 2.10] ZPT going Unicode

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Jan 6 06:11:02 EST 2006

--On 6. Januar 2006 19:55:56 +0900 TAHARA Yusei <tahara at timedia.co.jp>
wrote:

> I've tried to the branch and I found a typo in zope.conf.
> I think default-zpublisher-encoding is a correct directive name.

This is already fixed.

> By the way, I have a request related to this changes.
> If the rootfolder has `management_page_charset` property as default,
> this will very convenient for me. Because I can use japanese in ZMI
> without some setup things. Is this possible?

This whole management_page_charset is some kind of hack. I also had some
trouble getting the ZMI for ZPT to use UTF-8 (which another hack). The
current ZMI screen call zpt/read which returns a unicode string (to be
presented within the edit textarea). I don't know if any further
conversions have to be performed when using japanese in the ZMI...please
try yourself
(ptEdit.pt).

-aj