[Zope-dev] zLOG module deprecated

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 8 14:58:19 EST 2006

Andreas Jung wrote at 2006-1-8 11:44 +0100:
>the zLOG module will be offically deprecated in Zope 2.10 (removed in Zope
>2.12). New code _must_ use the 'logging' module of Python. And please help
>to replace all outstanding code that uses the zLOG module on the _trunk_
>(which is a fun job :-|).

If you deprecate "zLOG" could you please instruct the python logger
to output Zope style tracebacks?

  Zope style tracebacks are much more informative than the stupid
  Python ones.

As this is probably difficult without Monkey patching,
I would prefer to have a Zope specific interface for logging purposes.

--
Dieter