[Zope-dev] Twice-annual releases and bugfixes?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 17:49:01 EST 2006

What does the twice-annual release policy say about bugs and/or packaging
errors that are identified and fixed within a very short time of the
official release announcement?

    Log message for revision 41228:
      Merge r41227 from 2.9 branch:
        Update Five to bugfix release 1.3.1.
    Changed:
      U   Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/Five/CHANGES.txt U
      Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/Five/site/localsite.py U
      Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/Five/site/tests/sitemanager.txt U
      Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/Five/tests/adapters.py U
      Zope/trunk/lib/python/Products/Five/version.txt
    (...)
    +* Fix an adapter look-up bug in the local site implementation
    +that was due to an oversight during the port to Zope 3.2.

I'm building from svn, so it doesn't make much difference to me, but I was
curious whether the circumstances (if any) that would trigger bugfix
releases were documented anywhere.