[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] December release post-mortem

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jan 20 06:56:58 EST 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> On a side note, I see python now includes doctest.py, why are we still
> maintaining our own copy in zope.testing?

doctest has been in Python for a long time, far longer than we've been using it.

Now that we use it aggressively and are aggressively contributing to it, we
usually need a newer version than is available in the Python release we're using.

If Python had and used a packaging system, like eggs, this wouldn't be necessary.
Someday.

Jim