[Zope-dev] 2.9.4? reStructuredText support?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Jul 8 09:17:45 EDT 2006

> On Jul 8, 2006, at 8:12 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:
>

>> --On 8. Juli 2006 07:45:01 -0400 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>>
>> Only if there is no other option. Tres' patch seems to resolve this
>> issue and with further testing there is no need to remove the
>> functionality.
>
> "Seems" isn't good enough. It's not even close.  The hot fix last fall
> "seemed" to fix the problem. :(

That's is still not an argument. I'll agree with you when we are all
convinced that we are all unable to fix this issue if a reasonable effort
or when come to conclusion that Docutils is a problem by itself...sorry,
but we are not  at that point so far.

>>> Otherwise it has to go.
>>
>> No :-)
>
> Wrong. Sorry, I'll invoke Pope if I have to.

Sorry Jim, that's weak. See above. I'll accept the decision of the Pope as
long as it is comprehensible...so far it is not.

> Tres came up with this sledge hammer because he has no confidence
> in people's willingness to test and implement this feature properly.

I am fine with the sledge-hammer. I've never claimed that we need to
support file insertion and raw support in any way. We don't need, we can
kick it.
But removing or disabling a feature because we are possibly incompetent
would be just ridiculous.

Andreas