[Zope-dev] 2.9.4? reStructuredText support?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Jul 9 08:51:12 EDT 2006

On Jul 8, 2006, at 3:06 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:

>>> No, it is not. I haven't worked on the hotfix...so why would it be
>>> up to me
>>> write tests?
>>
>> It's not.  The person who *did* write the hot-fix didn't want the
>> feature in the first place.  Tres stepped up and helped us in an
>> emergency. I imagine that he isn't signing up to maintaint the
>> feature.
>
> When you talk of "the feature"...you mean file inclusion? This
> feature was not supposed to be there. It was never a goal of reST
> to provide this feature. So Tres' solution (removing the code) is
> perfectly fine.

No, the feature I'm talking about is TTW reST.  Because reST has a
feature
that has to be turned off to be secure when processing text from
untrusted users, it requires special care.

> There are a lot of modules where we don't want to take over the
> maintainer.
> The important thing is that we have clever ppl who understand the
> code and can deal with such problems in such a case.

We need a better chain of responsibility than that, especially when
there is a known security thread.

> See above...it's not a question of general responsibility...it's a
> question of taking over the responsibility for a particular problem
> in particular
> situation...of course maintainers for modules are highly
> welcome...things are as they are in the Zope 2 world...

I don't agree.  Our current approach isn't working.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org