[Zope-dev] Windows Installers

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Jul 31 14:51:05 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 02:44:03PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
| I'm around, but don't pay particular attention to all the Zope
| releases.  If someone needs a Windows installer, I'm usually willing
| to make one (but probably won't notice a need for one without being
| poked).

Oh, cool.

So we need a 2.8.8 and 2.9.4 installers. Note 2.9.4 changed the build
procedure to be the same as 2.8.x again. I've made the changes, and
hopefully it should work just fine.

| >I've chatted with Alan Runyan and he agreed to dedicate a person for
| >doing this in exchange of a little publicity. Quoting him:
| >
| >"""
| >Our build system has become quite extensive over the past two years.  I
| >would love to build the Zope installers.  I would also appreciate some
| >attribution on the first graphic that is displayed.  Basically at the
| >bottom about 20% of the graphic would say:
| >'[LOGO] windows installer courtesy of Enfold System'
| >"""
|
| Not sure on exactly what that means, but doubt anyone would object,
| provided he's also willing to volunteer the time to produce the
| graphic and wrestle with InnoSetup to get it displayed.

Since you are willing to handle the builds I won't bother for
now. Next time you disappear :)

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214