[Zope-dev] default view

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Sat Jun 3 13:30:31 EDT 2006

In current Zope 2.10, when you have:

   <page
       name="thepage"
       for=".IFoo"
       class=".view.FooView"
       attribute="thepage"
       permission="zope2.View"
       />
and a URL like:

   http://.../foodoc/thepage

it seems that the publisher will still use attribute lookup (and
therefore acquisition) before the view if you have a URL like

This is unfortunate because in my case I want to use a page name that
is present as an attribute on all the parents ("view", this is for
CMF), and there seems to be no way of having the Five views take
precedence over attributes and acquisition. What's the reason for
having decided to do it this way? Can this be changed?

A second problem is that even if I specify:

   <browser:defaultView
       name="thepage"
       for=".IFoo"
       />

and the URL:
    http://.../foodoc/

then "thepage" is still looked up as above, attribute lookup first.
I'm pretty that in this cas we only want view lookup.

Opinions?

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com