[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Stable / Development branches?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Jun 18 14:46:45 EDT 2006

--On 18. Juni 2006 14:35:48 -0400 Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 08:30:58PM +0200, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>> On 6/18/06, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
>> > +1, I'd like some way to easily know when a release is no longer
>> > maintained.  i.e., what's the X in the above formula.
>>
>> Well, it's 2 versions, so far. I.e, current release and last release.
>> Unless we decide to change that now.
>
> OK, but just to clarify:
> Will we stop having to backport bugfixes to 2.8 when 2.10 final
> is released?  But we need to backport bugfixes during the 2.10 beta
> cycle?

My personal rule: if a fix/patch applies without a major effort to Zope 2.8
than I will apply it (major effort means for me: some minutes). If a fix is
important (whatever this means) I might invest some more time...but only
speaking for myself. In edge cases we should decide from case to case.

Andreas