[Zope-dev] Can logreopen restarts Zope ?

Julien Anguenot ja at nuxeo.com
Fri Jun 30 07:40:39 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I observed a strange behavior yesterday night on one of our ZEO cluster.

We got 4 ZEO servers on the cluster. We are rotating the ZEO logs once
every night using logreopen. Until now, we didn't observe any
misbehavior. Meaning, logs were rotated and then reopened ok on the four
of them every night since couple of weeks now.

Yesterday night, we were having a long nightly running process (several
hours) on one of the ZEO node. (Around 500 Mo logs on this one). The
reopen occurred while the Zope server was still working. The reopen went
ok but it restarted the Zope server at the same time which of course
stopped the actual running operation of ours.

Did someone experienced this ?

Any feedbacks appreciated.

Thanks.

	J.

P.S : Python-2.4.2, Zope-2.9.0

--
Julien Anguenot | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
Open Source ECM - www.nuxeo.com