[Zope-dev] Re: Two visions

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Fri Mar 3 03:08:21 EST 2006

Stefane Fermigier wrote:
> Strange how (most of) the Plone people seem to be so quick in willing to
> sacrifice the Zope brand :(

In out world Zope doesn't have a brand. Plone has a it. Most of our
customers doesn't have a clue as to what Zope is.

As far as I can tell, Zope is a developers brand. No end users
(customers) starts up with Zope anymore. Rather they go straight to
Plone/CPS etc.

Splitting up Zope to let people use seperate pieces of Zope aka Zed is
not a valid reason. Good software practise is a valid reason. But
catering for those few developers that wants to use just a few pieces is
probably not worth the effort.

Zope didn't become really popular before Plone/CPS etc. In my case
customers are calling and asking for Plone solutions. Nobody where ever
asking for Zope solutions! You had to push hard to make the customer use
Zope instead of .asp/Java etc.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/