[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-dev] Two visions

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Mar 3 07:18:00 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
[snip]
> I think that having one name for two radically different, though related,
> things is very confusing. There are really
> 2 main technologies that people care about:
>
> 1. The Zope app server. This is characterized by things like an object
>    file system, through-the-web scripting and/or development, pluggable
>    course-grained add-ons, etc.

I must warn you that what you call 'app server' is not what I call app
server; I believe that using the word appserver for this set of
technologies could be very confusing to people. I believe Zope 3 is an
application server. I believe, say, Django is an application server too,
even though as far as I know it lacks an object file system and through
the web scripting. Can we find another word for what you mean?

Regards,

Martijn