[Zope-dev] Question about manage_afterAdd in 2.9.1

Dennis Allison allison at shasta.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 6 19:24:04 EST 2006

I've been seeing the same sort of messages and many others.  I've assumed
that they are due to the fact that nearly every Product will need some
polishing as we approach the 2.10 and 2.11 releases.   Some of the
diagnostics refer to subsystems in Zope itself which still use old rather
than new mojo.

The changes should somehow be coordinated and the various Products should
be marked in some way to indicate their compatibility.  It would be
helpful if there were a crib sheet indicating the changes (mostly
mechanical) that need to be made since many systems have custom products
that will need to be upgraded to the new protocols and hierarchy as well.

And, maybe this would be a good point to introduce eggs into the system,
assuming that eggs are going to be part of Zope in the future.