[Zope-dev] Re: PDBDebugMode 0.1 Release

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 06:46:36 EST 2006

Simon Michael wrote:

> Also hail Ross and hail Chris. I didn't know about that trick for
> debugging restricted code with source.

Damn, I need to get better visibility for the tools I write :-S

What am I doing wrong?

I'm astounded that more people don't using MailingLogger, given the huge
number of previously unknown errors it's helped me find.

There's also MailTemplates, which is great for sending mail from Zope,
especially when you have to send file attachments from a python script,
for example, which is a 2 liner ;-)

Oh, and lets not forget Stepper, which is _great_ for doing batch jobs
and migrations when you're running with ZEO, which everyone should be!

I guess everyone knows about SimpleUserFolder?

Not many people would have a need for X2Y, but it's pretty handy for big
batch document conversions/virus scanning/etc...

Okay, that's me done soapboxing for now :-D

Chris