[Zope-dev] Deprecating XML export/import?

Nuno Maltez nmaltez at mediaprimer.pt
Fri Mar 24 10:59:40 EST 2006

Hello,

Em Sexta, 24 de Março de 2006 15:44, escreveu:
> I propose to deprecate XML export/import for Zope 2.10 and to remove it in
> Zope 2.12. We don't loose any functionality since .zexp is working fine. I
> don't know of any active projects/code that really uses XML export/import.

I've exported to XML and edited the generated file by hand as a quick way to
successfully import a site to another Zope instance, when I was getting
import errors when using the .zexp. I'm not sure I'd be able to do that with
the .zexp file.

But then again, it was about the only time I really found a use for the XML
export/import. Still, it was nice to have to have the possibility at the
time.

Nuno