[Zope-dev] Windows Test Failures and XMLExportImport

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon May 1 07:29:12 EDT 2006

Benji York wrote:
> Yep, that looks like it.  Either I'll make my first commit to Zope 2
> ever :) or if you want to, you can change it to something like this:
>
> import tempfile
> import os
>
> fname = 'import_export.xml'
> tempdir = tempfile.mkdtemp()
> try:
>     ostream = open(fname, 'wb')
>     try:
>         data = exportXML(connection, oid, ostream)
>     finally:
>         ostream.close()
>
>     sub._importObjectFromFile(fname, 0, 0)
> finally:
>     os.rmdir(tempdir)
>
> Thanks for looking into this.

I'm actually trying to write some tests for historyCopy, so I'm seeing
these failrues when I run the OFS tests, so I'll fix 'em...

However, if you can point me in the direction of any tests that use a
scratch ZODB to test ZODB-stuff (ie: historyCopy in my case...) I'd be
very greatful if you could point me at them.

Also, if I do a writeable checkout of Zope 2 trunk or Zope 2.9 branch,
any ideas how I then compile things suchthat I can run the tests, and
how do I run the tests once I've successfully compiled everything?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk