[Zope-dev] Re: Re: Re: favicon.ico for 2.10?

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk
Wed May 3 07:51:32 EDT 2006

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Anu I have added a favicon.ico to trunk. For some reason it doesn't
> show up in the Bookmark list of Firefox. If this is a caching problem,
> or something else, I don't know yet. If anybody knows, tell me and
> I'll fix it,
>
> For your viewing pleasure, I attached the big Z gif I used to create
> the icons, the GIMP file with transparent and non-transparent versions
> in 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48, and the resulting icon.

I checked it on IE and Windows Explorer in all the different sizes I could
find and it looks great almost all of the time.

Unfortunately in the properties tabs it looks absolutely terrible in IE
with a 120dpi display (such as my laptop), but I put that down to IE
stupidity.

What may be more significant is that simply retrieving favicon.ico into IE
displays garbage. I don't know why; IE seems perfectly capable of
displaying it on the address bar or favourites, but in the main browser
window it displays a short curved line and nothing else.