[Zope-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: favicon.ico for 2.10?

Duncan Booth duncan.booth at suttoncourtenay.org.uk
Thu May 4 13:12:09 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:

> Duncan Booth wrote:
>> What may be more significant is that simply retrieving favicon.ico
>> into IE displays garbage. I don't know why; IE seems perfectly
>> capable of displaying it on the address bar or favourites, but in the
>> main browser window it displays a short curved line and nothing else.
>
> Is the method that's returning it setting the right content type?

I've tried 3 mime types:

application/octet_stream: The icon displays correctly in Firefox and
incorrectly in IE, other favicon.ico files I've tried with this mime type
display correctly in IE.

image/x-icon: The same incorrect display in IE and correct display in FF.

image/vnd.microsoft.icon: Still displays correctly in FF, but IE decides to
dump it as characters instead of displaying a graphic at all.