[Zope-dev] Re: SVN: Zope/branches/ajung-zpt-end-game/...

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Tue May 30 13:59:05 EDT 2006

Hi!

Tres Seaver wrote:

> yuppie wrote:

>>> Those tests still break when run against the Zope trunk.
>>
>> I can't confirm that. I no longer see the failures related to the
>> missing 'default' layer.
>>
>> Most failures were caused by new requirements for the test setup and CMF
>> 2.0 needs a backport of the test fixes on the CMF trunk.
>
> Are these the "no traverser" problems?  Those are the ones I said were
> still broken, and which Philip thought would have been fixed by the
> newer Five version.
>
> CMF 2.0 still exhibilts them, while the CMF trunk does not.

Yes. The 'no traverser' problems were not caused by the missing
'default' layer, so the Five fix doesn't resolve them. They are caused
by the fact that Five traversing is now used in more places, so more
tests need setUpTraversing/cleanUp.

>> So it all boils down to the empty expressions issue and this error:
>
> I am planning to land my 'empty path expr BBB' patch on the trunk and
> the 2.10 branch today.

I agree with you that there should be BBB code that provides the old
behavior and I agree with Philipp that not using that old behavior is a
benefit for the CMF.

Cheers,

	Yuppie